All of my post(s) are not intended to be racist. I've said the same thing the majority of the press has said. The black crowd turned out in record numbers to put Obama in, and being BLACK was a main reason he won.
They didn't ride the race subject prior to the election.
But now the election is over and won, it's a free subject to discuss without anyone saying the media coverage of it affected the election.
And I agree with Suprbeast - I'm seeing some true colors come out in some of these posts.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
All of my post(s) are not intended to be racist. I've said the same thing the majority of the press has said. The black crowd turned out in record numbers to put Obama in, and being BLACK was a main reason he won.
who cares, he won...deal with it everyone
No offense man, and I know you--you're not racist (I'll vouch for you personally there)...and your posts may not be intended to be racist--but that's how it's coming across...looks kinda bad to people who don't know you. May want to get off that "he won cause he's black" soapbox.
The black crowd turned out in record numbers, that's a fact. But--they also talked about how many white male voters across the country went with him that weren't expected from either side of the aisle. Everyone also thought the Hispanic-American population in this country would go Republican, partially because Obama is black--but in lots of states, Obama won them over too by larger-than-expected margins.
Being black didn't win him the election, IMO--it helped, sure. But putting a good message out there, winning the debates, and speaking out against Bush and the rest of the Republican party that's reigned over us the past 8 years clicked with a lot more people than any race card did. Color did have a bearing, and the country spoke clearly, not only in the POTUS elections but Senate & House elections: we're sick of the Reds that drove things into the ground over the past 8 years, and that's why "change" was such a big theme for the Democrats' big night last night.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are talking about his race because it's a milestone in American history...you guys are talking about his race as the main reason (or excuse why) he won...that's the difference.</div></div>
Co-sign that 100%. If he were Purple or Albino or an alien from another planet or anything else (but a white man)--the news would be reporting as such, because it'd be historic. Lots of people could say that a main reason the past 43 presidents won because they were all white.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I don't think Race is the main reason he won, but I think to deny that it didn't play a role is blind. I'm sure some didn't vote for him because he's black just as some did vote for him because he was. In my opinion, a majority of the black vote were definitely persuaded to vote for him because of his race.
My vote wasn't based on whether he was black or not but on which candidate supported my principles the most. And that was McCain.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think Race is the main reason he won, but I think to deny that it didn't play a role is blind.</div></div>
Correct, but we'd be pretty short-sided to say that it was the only reason as well, as some have suggested in this thread.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my opinion, a majority of the black vote were definitely persuaded to vote for him because of his race.</div></div>
Persuaded is an interesting word you use there. Ever think that some of the older black people were "persuaded" by the way their race was treated in this country for hundreds of years? I'd venture to say that there were plenty of older black voters who went through segregation and the civil rights movement that voted for Obama as sort of a cashing-in of all the mistreatment that they personally went through. That's more valid to me than a black person saying that they voted for him just because he's the same color as them.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My vote wasn't based on whether he was black or not but on which candidate supported my principles the most. And that was McCain. </div></div>
That's great--I honestly mean that. Vote your principles and your vote is definitely worthwhile. Your candidate didn't win, but the fact that you voted is excellent, meaning you did try to make a difference. I commend you on that.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I was on this board as a supporter of Kerry in 04 and so were others. This takes the cake imo, you lose you move on. Try again in four years. Some people need to just look at the facts, the complaints about black people voting....... What do you want to do take away their vote? How many of you all voted for Kilgore a few years back in his run for governor just because he was from good ole Gate City? I'm white and I voted for Obama and I know hundreds of other white Americans that did the same thing.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks